Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:04:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jeff Reed <jreed@BSDI.COM>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: X11 Screen width short by 1.5" on laptop

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> OK.  Reconfigure X and tell it you have an 800x600 mode.

Standard VGA 640x480  is what I started with.
Super VGA    800x600  Gave me the same results.
Super VGA 1024x768 & 800x600 and Extended Super VGA 800x600 & 640x480
   I also tried, just for fun. They gave me the entire screen (to look
   at) but, The mouse pointer goes off the right and bottom edges of the
   screen. Also, the usable parts of portions of the screen (even after
   making the desktop scroll) are off the right and bottom edges of the
   screen.

   Many apologies for the hassles here. And I want to thank you for all
the assistance you have been giving me on this.

-Jeff