Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 13:37:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Total lookup under -CURRENT (me too)

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Brian Litzinger wrote:

> > Hello, hate to bear bad  news but I've got  two total lock-ups in the  last
> > two days, each one  during news expire. I suspect  the asynchronous flag as
> > news expire will stress the disk a lot.
> >
> > I don't have a dump as the system lock up without a panic. I'll add DDB and
> > see if there is any difference.
>
> Just thought I'd let you know I experience similar behavior.

Me too, and I can add a little info.  I had a kermit session going from
one machine, thru a second, thence to the University.  The machine in the
middle locked up, X11 cursor disappeared, but the screensaver timeout
continued to work, and hitting a keyboard key would bring the screen back
to life.  All processes that were seeing a shell were wedged, and I could
not start a new rlogin, but oddly enough, the kermit continued to work.
When I noticed the lockup, I brought my kermit connection down so it
could be graceful, stopped the kermit, then that connection locked up too.

> --
> Brian Litzinger <brian@mediacity.com>
> http://www.mpress.com
> speakfree.mpress.com [use -t (GSM)]

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;