Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:41:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wincast question

> IS anyone busy with a teletext decoder program for the Wincast
> Model 405 Win/TVpci?

I have some code which does teletext decoding for Bt848-based boards,
look at my page

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD.html

It just uses the video capture capabilities of the video board,
not the on board teletext decoder chip. This has the advantage of
being able to capture pages at transmit speed, at the proce of a
large CPU overhead.

The program can be optimized a lot in many many ways (probably
saving a factor of 4 in cpu time) but I just don't have time to
work on it in the near future. Patches appreciated of course.

> Further more: is there a bt848 based card that understands the European
> stereo formats?

No idea

	Cheers
	Luigi