Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 19:52:00 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        arun@sharmas.dhs.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reiser: BSD cliques

> Well, making it easier to format and send PRs will certainly be a
> help, but without committers dedicated to reviewing and close those
> PRs, we'll just get deeper backlogged.  That's the real shortage
> around here. :(

Do we need to deal with PRs for old releases (which seem to be the
majority out there)?  It has happened to me on other software projects
that I filed a PR, then the problem mysteriously vanished during the
next release, so I sent a follow-up and it was closed -- but it's
likely that many of the existing reported problems had also vanished
and were never closed.  Would it be useful for someone to go through
the PRs, and if it's on 2.2.8 or something, mail the original sender
to confirm whether this is still an issue?

I'm willing to spend some time on that sort of thing (famous last
words?)  I'm not much good for anything else, as far as FreeBSD
is concerned, it seems to me...

The other thing is to weed out duplicate PRs -- different reports
describing essentially the same problem.  I have seen this in FreeBSD
as well as other projects.

Unfortunately I can't actually test the bug reports -- at least the
ones involving system crashes -- because I don't have my "own" machine
to play with just yet...

Anyway, if I want to make myself useful here, exactly what do I do?
Is there a sort of meta-sendpr mechanism to fix problems with the
current bug list?

- Rahul.