Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:51:26 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Peter Brezny <peter@skyrunner.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: access database connectivity under mod_frontpage

In the last episode (Apr 03), Peter Brezny said:
> Is it possible to get a front page site hosted under mod_frontpage on
> FreeBSD 4.5 to connect to an access database...well I guess what I
> really want to know, is whether or not it's possible to put the
> access database data on the webserver running mod_frontpage.

The only software capable of reading an Access database is the MS Jet
DB engine, which only runs on Windows.  There is no ODBC connectivity
to Access.  You would be much better off converting to a MySQL or
PostgreSQL backend, both of which have excellent Unix and Windows
compatibility.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com