Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 22:12:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   compile thoteditor

Well, I'm lost.

In as much I'm not a programmer, can anyone tell me what may be
wrong when I get "gzip: broken pipe" messages during the extract
processes of making the thoteditor port?

Compile seems to complete but there seems to be no binary, or I can't
find it. Make install seems to complete with no errors either.

I do know what a pipe is, but I would assume breaking one that early
and getting a whole lot of "doesn't exist" messages during pkg_delete
would lead to the compile and install process choking rather
dramatically. It doesn't and I need a plumber.

Let me know where to look and what to post so as to be more
informative.

Thanks,

John