Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 02:02:30 -0500
From:      "DAK GHATIKACHALAM" <dakfreebsd@gmail.com>
To:        "Malcolm Kay" <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FDISK output question -- OT

On 2/28/07, Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:09 am, DAK GHATIKACHALAM wrote:
> > Hi Freebsd
> >
> > Question about FDISK
> >
> > Do you have an idea what does that  '+' means in  Blocks
> > columns
> >
> > as seen below it is 419425019+
> >
> > Does it signify anything  , because for certain disks I do not
> > see that '+' as the end of blocks?
> >
> I believe you are posting to the wrong list. This list is about
> FreeBSD which is a form of BSD unix -- not Linux.

I never believed that Linux( for the reasons there are just around for past
12 years only ) community would be  as technically savvy as  bsd unix
community.
so I never subscribed to any linux community. But we cant control the whole
world,
In professional world we always happened to work in cross platforms ( like
me personally my laptop is on freebsd, but my work place is using Linux,
Windows and Solaris only) ,  I thought it  would not really hurt to ask here
anyway.

The extraneous '+' is a characteristic of the Linux version of
> fdisk. I believe it indicates that the indicated 52216 units do
> not exactly correspond to the 419425019 blocks (but I'm not a
> Linux expert). I believe there is also an option to show more
> detail.

Thanks a lot Malcolm for that input I am going  try tomorrow.
Thanks
Dak

Switch to expert mode with 'x' before the 'p' enquiry.