Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:51:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Leif Neland <root@swimsuit.internet.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   db2: files in /usr/local/lib not found?

Please answer in private (too).

I'm trying to make cucipop with virtual support, which demands db2.
So I installed the db2-package. It installes libdb.a in /usr/local/lib

However, make doesn't find it. If I copy it to /usr/lib, I can make it.

Am I missing a libpath or something?

Also, is there a searchpath for /usr/local/include, instead of just
/usr/include?

Also, is u_int in db.h supposed to be defined? I had to patch it (both on
Linux and FreeBSD) to get cucipop compiled.

Also, even if it compiled, it makevpopdb fails:
makedb2: Can't init db subsystem

Leif Neland