Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 13:57:31 -0700
From:      John Barbee <jbarbee@singular.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how much of RSS is shared?

How do I determine the amount of a process' physical memory is shared?

I've seen version of top that have a "Shared" column (might have been on a
RH installation).  But that is not available in top v3.4 of FreeBSD 3.2 on
my machine.  ps doesn't seem to give me that option either.  vmstat deals
with pages, so that doesn't seem to appy to me.  I don't want to install X
or gnome just so I can look at gtop.

So, is there an easy way for me to figure this out?  Alternatively, would
it be a trivial or non-trivial amount of work to write a small program
mysef to get the VSZ, RSS and shared memory?

tia
john.