Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:04:45 -0400
From:      David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ip not configured on local interface

Hello,

I'm running a FreeBSD 10.2 system and running jails created by ezjail.
I'm getting an error on jail creation that the IP selected for the
jail is not configured on any local interface, for example
192.168.0.1.

This machine has only a single NIC connected to the network and I'm
cloning it repeatedly to a lo1 interface.

After reading list traffic I'm wondering if my method, which I last
used several years back in the 5.4 days, is no longer valid.
Performance on my jails is sluggish, sometimes they have a hard time
reaching the internet sometimes they don't work at all, for example I
have a caching nameserver defined on the 192.168.x.x subnet and jails
on that subnet can't reach it.

Is there something better out there than ezjail? If so, how hard will
it be to migrate configurations over? I've got two jails, the first
the caching nameserver, the second a web server/test server with a
great many packages.

Thanks.
Dave.