Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:58:00 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Antranig Vartanian <antranigv@freebsd.am>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] Removing DESTDIR support (aka chroot not staging)

--adqjnffvukal3gpo

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 10:55:12PM +0400, Antranig Vartanian wrote:
> Hi there!
>=20
> I use DESTDIR at $work. our simple use case is the following: mount NFS t=
o server0 (which is more powerful), use DESTDIR to install into the NFS mou=
nted location, then other can use and merge those binaries. (no idea how it=
=E2=80=99s done, just $legacy)
>=20
> Some of our modern systems do just `make`, then we mount the powerful ser=
ver to the clients and do `make install` (no need for DESTDIR)
>=20
> I think a more sane way would be using `make package` or using Poudriere/=
Synth, but we have $legacy :)
>=20
> I hope this answers the question regarding need/usage.
>=20
Yup, that is 1 pont in the box of save DESTDIR for now ;), note that yes
poudriere would probably be a saner approach, but yes legacy ;)

Do you encounter issues you had to work around? or does it just work for yo=
u?

Best regards,
Bapt

--adqjnffvukal3gpo