Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:06:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status:  TP560

> >> Well, running the most recent -STABLE additions plus the patch Nate posted
> >> here, my laptop 'mostly' works.  I can suspend with either my 3C589D or my
> >> Megahertz XJ4336 installed and it suspends and resumes like it's supposed
> >> to.
> >
> >What happens when it doesn't want to suspend, and you tell it to try and
> >it fails?  (Or, doesn't that happen with your setup?)
>
> It suspends just fine.  The only obvious problem seems to occur when I
> resume.

OK.  I want to know what happens when you attempt to suspend the box
with 'zzz', and the APM BIOS says 'NO WAY'.  I suppose I'll have to try
and test it myself unless John Polstra gets around to it.

> >> My problem seems to be that when I suspend, it doesn't always finish the
> >> [] job upon resume.
> >
> >Hmm.....  Have you dinked with the cards at all?
>
> Nope.

*sigh* OK, I'll look into fixing it, but it's not going to happen
anytime soon since I'm leaving to go interview the end of this week (not
for me, for people who want jobs. :), and I'm preparing materials for it
now.

Nate