Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:05:56 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Josh Crouse <joshcrouse@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD 2.2.6

In the /tools/ directory there is a program that boots FreeBsd from an MS-DOS
disk.  (You may need to format it on a not-WinNT system, but try this anyway.)

Format the disk so that it is bootable
Copy the fbsdboot.exe program from /tools/ onto it.
Create an autoexec.bat file with the "fbsdboot.exe" in it.
DO NOT load EMM386 or equivalent on the disk!

I assume you have the CDs so it should be on the first disk, if not, you can
find it from ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.8-RELEASE/tools/fbsdboot.exe

Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu