Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 04:53:34 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK1.3.1p6 and NetBSD-current

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 03:22:38PM +0200, Stephan Thesing wrote:
> having played with patchset 6 on NetBSD/i386-1.5ZC (current), I have observed
> some problems:
[Problems snipped]

> Attached is a patch that seems to work on NetBSD/i386-current so far that I can
> use the java plugin and appletviewer.
> It replaces the argument to dlsym() for sigprocmask(), replaces the
> gethostent() et.al. calls to
> appropriate replacements and changes the place where the FPU control word is
> saved/restored from in the sigsetjmp/siglongjmp() frame to 11 (which seems to
> be free at the moment).
>
> No attempt was made to make this work for NetBSD<1.4, which seems to be no
> longer actively supported anyhow.
>
> Could someone please look at this and comment on its usefulness?

Fantastic!  Thanks Stephan!  I'm going to try out these patches on NetBSD
1.5.2 as I was (as luck may have it) just getting it set up to look into
the gethostent().  Looks like you have saved me some work.

Note that the JDK isn't expect to support NetBSD < 1.4, so that is not
a problem.  In fact, I don't believe its been tried on NetBSD less than
1.5 (or if it has I haven't heard a report).  The usual aim is the most
recent stable version, but if it works with current as well, then that is
an added bonus :).

I'll definitely let you know if I have any feedback on the patches after
some testing.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com