Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:44:32 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        "dolcy d.s.l." <dolcyd@eee-fs7.bham.ac.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internet router code

"dolcy d.s.l." wrote:

> Dear Reader
>
> I am a student at the University of Birmingham, UK, and am trying to get
> hold of some actual code for a basic software implementation of an internet
> router.
>
> I am told that there is such code written for unix systems to allow
> configuration of the computer for use as a router and just wondered if you
> could give me any leads as to where to find further information.
>
> Signed
> Desperate Student

I believe the code for routed lies within the /src/contrib directories,
but I am unsure. You may want to try asking hackers@freebsd.org for
issues dealing with source-code. I know Lucent as well as a few other
'big' router companies have some new products that are actually running
FreeBSD, but I've yet to see any of them myself.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com