Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:56:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   zephyr port on FreeBSD/alpha

I recently encountered some problems getting zephyr working on
FreeBSD/alpha.

Due to the size difference between a struct timeval on FreeBSD/alpha
(2 longs for a total of 128 bits) and a struct timeval nearly
everywhere else in the know universe (2 ints, for a total of 64-bits,
even on DEC OSF/1), and the way zephyr uses timevals, it needs a bit
of help.

The NetBSD people have already fixed this in their zephyr package.
Applying ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/zephyr/patches/patch-aa
yields a working, interoperable zephyr on FreeBSD/alpha.  Their
patch-ab deals with kerberos authentication (which we don't use & I
cannot test), but it at least appears to apply cleanly.

Not being a ports person, I'm reluctant to commit the patches myself.
I was hoping somebody could eyeball them and commit them if they look
OK.

Thanks,

Drew