Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:19:23 -0500
From:      Alex Verstak <averstak@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Q: partitions and slices

Salute!

How do I resize/move the FreeBSD slices? partitions? FreeBSD 2.2.7.
Certainly, I would prefer to preserve as much data as possible.

BTW, is the support for bad sectors any better in 3.0 than in 2.2.7? The
reason I asked about slices is that the last few cylinders of my HD...
could be in a better shape... Bad144 helped for a few months, but now
there are just too many bad sectors. Badsect looks a poor alternative
because my hardware is really weird: when it hits a bad sector, it
crashes with 90% probability, sometimes without saying anything.

--
Thanks!
Alex