Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 07:12:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        rblim@aht.com (Randy Wenjiun Lin)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to access memory address 0xF1000000

> I am doing embedded system programming on Freebsd. I need to access data
> on a shared memory which start at 0xF1000000.
> How to write codes to have the data on the shared memory accessed?
> In other words, how to make an array start at address 0xF100000? I want
> to declare an array  containing all the adresses to which I can access
> those data pointed. Any ideas?

It isn't clear what you are doing.  Shared memory between
processes is handled using shared memory calls (try "man -k shared")
and a board with "memory" at a fixed address is handled with an
mmap entry in the driver so you can map it into your process space
using mmap.  Clarify your problem.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval