Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 1999 22:16:07 +0100
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        jeffr@san.rr.com
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM.. still

+ "jeff" <jeffr@san.rr.com>:

| Does anyone know if there are any issues with 3.3-RELEASE and APM? I
| have been unable to get apm to resume properly. I can put the
| machine to sleep no problem, and revive it, but once the screen
| comes back up, I have a frozen prompt. Nothing seems to bring
| control back, and I am forced to hard boot.
|
| Anyone know if there is an issue, or is it just hardware fun? Thanks.

Well, I run 3.3-RELEASE on a Dell I3500 and have APM working just
fine.  So your problem is certainly hardware dependent, though it
still may be a bug in 3.3-RELEASE that is not tickled on my machine.
(My only APM-related problemes are twofold:  If I accidentally try to
access the pccard modem after a sleep, but before pccardd has
initialized it, it won't work.  This is cured by a new sleep and a
wait for pccardd to do its thing.  And sometimes, if I have xcd
running through a sleep, it will hang afterwards, and I need a reboot
to be able to play CD's again.)

- Harald