Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can anyone educate me on the packages directories?

 * And it's guaranteed that three years from now wcarchive will still
 * have the PRECISE bits that were used to generate the binary in
 * question?  See clause 3 of GPLv2.  Note that the escape clause at the

Well, but if you are going to mirror the distfiles, whatever
disappears on wcarchive will be gone from your site too.

I don't remember what you said you were doing, but unless you are
cutting a DVD-ROM or are planning to run a mirror that never deletes
distfiles, I don't think that will help.

Satoshi