Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2018 18:11:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Blachmann <sblachmann@gmail.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net>
Cc:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>,  George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
Subject:   Re: Confusing smartd messages

Another problem issue is that flash memories also exhibit the charge
drain problem.
They cannot be read indefinitely without occasional rewrite, as every
read drains a minuscule amount of the charge.

I often wished I knew of some OS/driver function/mechanism which can
rewrite respective refresh media on a mounted+running system and could
be, for example, run via cron.

Such would not only be very useful to fix pending sectors without
stopping a running machine, but also for keeping embedded machines'
flash memories reliably charged over the years.