Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:58:41 +0100
From:      Chris Zumbrunn <chris@czv.com>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Today's Work

On Mar 4, 2005, at 6:34 PM, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

>  o	Removed the left navigation column and put
> 	contents in a `dropdown' menu up top. This
> 	menu could be fixed up to look a bit nicer...
> 	Ideas?

The dropdown box with the black border could extend
upwards to include the menu title as the first list item.
For consistency, the menu titles anyway have to be either
all linked or all not linked - and all linked is probably the
better direction to go.

The dropdown menu lists should probably be left-aligned
and positioned so that the text of the menu title doesn't
move when it is hovered over.

Dropdown menus have the drawback that you do no
longer get an overview of the site structure at a glance.
You have to browse through the menus to see what's
there.

>  o	Moved news and press to the bottom of the
> 	main content. The main content could use a
> 	change.

Someone might argue that news and press are the reason
why they access the first page and that they do not want
to have to scroll down. Currently, they get "lost down there".
Not sure what the best solution would be. In order for the
site to scale well with different window width, we really
could keep three columns. Otherwise the readability of the
advocacy text suffers because it runs to wide.

>  o	Made two separate color themes for the site.
> 	More themes can be made styling the site in
> 	pretty much any way imaginable.

Now that I see it, I realize that a blue tone will not work
for the headlines if we also use blue for the links. If we keep
the links blue then nothing else should be blue.

/czv