Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:41:32 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount win partition at start up

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:28:51AM -0500, Terry Tyson wrote:
> I want to mount the windows partition at start up. I think the following
> line will work but not sure about the values for "Dump" and "Pass". Can
> someone please confirm?
> TIA.
>
> # Device      Mountpoint  FStype  Options   Dump  Pass#
> /dev/ad0s1	  /mnt/win    msdos   rw	  0	  0

This looks good.  The "dump" field is used by dump(8) to determine whether
or not the file system should be backed up.  The "pass" field is used at
boot time to determine what order to run fsck(8) over the file systems.  I
leave both of these set to "0" for MSDOS partitions, but you can set dump if
you want it to get backed up.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \