Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:42:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sa0: <HP T4000s 1.06> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9903161225070.12815-100000@feral-gw> Matthew Jacob writes:
> : I'm trying to get one myself now so it can be properly supported, as well
> : as a more representative QIC device than the ancient QIC-150 that I have.
> :
> : I apologize for the problems that have been occurring with support for
> : these devices. I'll try and get it into better shape soon.
>
> I have a standing offer for a SCSI HP tape drive.  Even comes with a
> few scratch 9 track tapes.  However, it has to be local (boulder
> colorado) since the tape drive is a sob to move.  It isn't mine, but a
> friend would loan it to me...  I don't have the time right now to deal
> with it.  Somehow I don't think that is the HP tape drive we're
> talking about :-)

Uh- no - this actually sounds like the HP-88780 reel drive - 800, 1600,
6250 BPI and a proprietary compression for 6250. I tried to snag one from
Sun last time I was through there, but it was inconvenient. Useful to try
things out on for interchange reasons.

> And I do have an ancient QIC-24 and QIC-150 (Archive Viper, known
> rogue that one) that are sitting in Ken's office that he has my
> permission to loan out.

Ah, yes, I have these. But if you want to test things- please do and yell
at me!