Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:21:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc5 client under -current

Alex wrote...

> On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > Anyone running the v2 rc5 client from rc5.distributed.net under
> > 3.0-CURRENT?  I'm running 3.0 from Sept 28th, and each time I try to run
> > it, it *totally* locks up my system...I have to actually turn off the
> > computer and turn it back on again.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced something similar?  If not, then I'll upgrade to
> > the most current before investigating further...
>
> No, I'm running current with the 64bit rc5 program and a kernel from Oct
> 26, and it works just fine.  No problems whatsoever, in fact it's faster
> than the 56bit client was for me.

	I tried it out with a kernel from October 26th on my SMP box; I ran
two copies of it simultaneously without a problem.  (I was trying to
reproduce PR kern/4859.  The guy who filed that PR was running
3.0-971002-SNAP.)

	If you're having trouble with it, I'd suggest getting newer
sources, since it doesn't seem to be a problem now.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com