Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 20:48:21 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        jon@vcnet.com, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2940 and large drives

>Individual device drivers don't export it because they don't know it.

Actually, I think that most of them can be made to know (this is easy to do
for at least the aic7xxx cards), but I'd rather see us doing some sort of
"drive tagging" during boot and determining the BIOS geometry to drive
mapping generically.  Who's working on the three stage boot project these
days????

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations