Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:49:44 -0400
From:      "Martin Mactaggart" <martinm@visualedge.com>
To:        "Peter McGarvey" <Networks.Manager@rncm.ac.uk>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: question before installing freebsd

> 1. I want setup a multi boot system.  Will freebsd be happy to stay in a
> 1GB primary partition?  (If I find it attactive later, I will
> give it more
> space.)

    Yes.  In fact it will be downright content...

    You don't REALLY need to give it more space, in fact, if the kernel is
compiled right (with support the file system FAT32), you can use your FAT32
partitions from inside of FreeBSD =)... Just modify the file /etc/fstab to
automatically load one of your FAT32 partitions on start up...

    If any of that was confusing, don't worry, it won't be by the time it
becomes an issue.