Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 16:24:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
To:        Per Larson <purl@swipnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions about freebsd

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Per Larson wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I am thinking about changing from windows95 to freeBSD but i have some
> questions that i hope you will answer:
>
> 1. Is it possible to run both win95 and freeBSD on one partition?
nope. You have to run them on different partition.

> 2. if so, can freeBSD run with fat32?
Dont know...

> 3. Is there any Microsoft Word compatible wordprocessors for freeBSD?
You can use star office with freeBSD. And mostly you will find out latex
most useful and convenience.

> 4. Is freeBSD faster than win95?
It depends. if you run win95 on a ppro with 256 MB ram but run freebsd on
a 386 with 4MB ram. I have to say win95 is faster.

> 5. is it possible to run dos and win95 programs in freeBSD?
There are some emulator program for linux. And you might be able to run
them in freebsd under linux emulation.
> please answer my questions
>

> //Per Larson
> purl@swipnet.se