Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:16:02 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL issues (Was: More important Windows Refund Day coverage)

In message <4.1.19990222144835.0404ba70@mail.lariat.org>, Brett Glass wrote:
} At 04:09 PM 2/22/99 -0500, Christopher Masto wrote:
}
} >You claim that you are making "an honest living".  I claim that you
} >are hurting your neighbors.
}
} Gee, I guess I'm also "hurting" my neighbors by not giving them my
} car, my house, and the contents of my bank account.

You'll convince more people to see things your way if you dial back the
antagonism several dozen notches and make your points in a calm manner
without the needless rhetoric.  There is some substance behind your
position, but you're unlikely to sway anyone by insulting them and
metaphorically kicking them in the head.

[ ... ]

} >I would like to see free replacements for these things.  But you don't
} >seem to understand that I am capable of rational behavior.
}
} It sure doesn't sound like you are capable of rational THOUGHT.

Then why are you arguing with him?

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com