Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:16:22 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail: Error message in maillog

--nextPart2882377.1TBy1QmqD4

On Saturday 04 November 2006 13:43, Bill Campbell wrote:

> This is failing when fetchmail attempts to connect to postfix to send the
> mail locally. =A0Either postfix isn't running, or perhaps the main.cf file
> has been changed so it's not listening on localhost.
>
> The command ``lsof -n -i :25 | grep LISTEN'' should show any processes
> listening on port 25 (SMTP)
>
> Try ``postconf smtp_bind_address'' to see if postfix configured to listen
> on a specific interface.

The first command produced absolutely nothing. The postconf output was also=
=20
blank. This problem did not exist until I updated fetchmail. It does appear=
=20
that all of the mail is being delivered. The  'mailq' is negative. Perhaps=
=20
this is just a nuisance warning in the newer version. I'll post it on the=20
fetchmail board and see what they have to say.

=2D-=20
Gerard

One Bell System - it sometimes works.