Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 23:24:16 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: America the Beautiful

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Tony Kimball wrote:

> >  Canada is in America as much as Switzerland or France is in Germay.
>
> *Brazil* is in America.
>
> Canada is in America as much as Poland is in Europe.  Poland is not
> a part of the European Union, but is firmly situated on its the
> Continet of Europe.

Poland actually lies to the west of the "center point of Europe".

> If you disagree, it is only because we speak different dialects of
> English.  Similarly, the Mexican reference to US denizens as
> 'Norte Americanos' is silly, in a naive translation to Network
> English, the dialect of most English-speaking readers of this missive.
>
> The more interesting question to me personally is how long *Minnesota*
> will remain a part of the Union.  (Not long I hope.  Better a dead
> lion than a dead jackal -- or slave, eh?  I hope for a new union with
> Dakota, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho,
> in my lifetime.)
>
> (Apposite redirections applied.  Through the Dragus Ex Machina of BCC;-)
>
> Oh, and ob FBSD: Might Walnut Creek seceed?  Then FBSD could issue its
> own money, send ambassadors to Finland.  Hey, why not issue FBSD ecash
> before that?

Grrr.... They might at least once do the embassy thing the right way -
make the embassy for the Nordic countries in Estonia (not vice versa).
The difference of costs will soon pay the cost of establishing say a 128K
line to there. :)

	Sander

Eat good food, preserve nature, be nice to all nice people :)