Date:      17 Jun 2003 15:41:18 -0400
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiple DHCP interfaces

Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> Just as a data point, this has bitten me in the past as well.  The
> annoying thing is that you don't even have to be using the builtin
> network adaptor; just so long as it's running dhclient, you're screwed
> when you put the wireless card in.  You have to manually sort it all
> out by running dhclient against both the old and the new interfaces...

Apologies in advance for the "me too" post. While I find the net/nicmond
port useful in this regard, it would be nice to have something at a higher
level. In particular it should also let the user specify preferred SSIDs
for association on wireless networks.

I seem to remember a post here a few weeks ago announcing a project
intended to unify user-level reactions to appearance and disappearance of
new interfaces - unfortunately I can't find it in the archive.

--

  Dan Pelleg