Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:40:40 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Loren Koss <loren@pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dialup PPP Server..

Loren Koss writes:

	[please format 78 chars/line -- it's easier to read, and
	_don't_ crosspost to 3 lists at a time -- this will only
	attract hostility (if people even read your mail]

> dialed in using my Win95 (bleh!) box. I can ping and get mail, telnet,
> and HTTP the BSD box, but I can't get to the rest of the network.. I
> assume I need to set up a route but am not sure how.. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated. Detailed help is very good, btw. I have gotten
> some very obscure answers and understand that I am a newbie in this
> field.

	We need more info:

	- what address(es) are you using ?
	  Are they "routable" or "private" (RFC1918, aka 192.168.*, 10.*,
	  172.16.*) ?

	- do you have packet forwarding enabled on the FreeBSD box ?
	  (sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1)

	Dialup networking on Wheeze 95 has by default a checkbox
	which says "make default route to peer server" (or something like
	it -- it's written in Danish here :-) -- is that checkbox
	enabled in the Dialup Networking profile ?

	You can, once connected, check that you have a default route
	to the peer with the following command (in a MS-DOG box):

	netstat -rn

	Under Whine 98, you can get this with the command "winipcfg".

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.