Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:17:22 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Procfs patch

>OK I installed the first patch into the kernel.  Now, on all three
>machiens I installed it on, my ps is screwed up.  Rather than seeing
>'sendmail accepting connections" and such, I get:
>Is there a better patch out?  And if so, how do you reverse this patch?

   The problem isn't caused by the patch. You would have had the same problem
if you had rebuilt your kernel even without the patch. Apparantly you've
updated the kernel sources (to -stable or -current) without doing a
'make world' after installing the new kernel - causing your ps(8) and w(1)
to be out of date.

-DG

David Greenman