Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:00:57 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heads up: AR7241 + PCIe and AR9287 on-board stuff works

On 25 August 2012 21:41, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just brought up FreeBSD-HEAD on the AP99 board (AR7241+AR9287)
> and I noticed a bunch of missing PCI setup and EEPROM setup code. It's
> just made its way into -HEAD.

I've now tried to bring the board up in some useful fashion.
Unfortunately the board has 16MB of RAM and 4MB of flash, so I've had
to cut down the kernel quite significantly (see the AP91 config file
in sys/mips/conf/.)

The default (most things as modules) kernel build is still ~ 3.5mb.
That's rather large for a board with 16MB of RAM.

Additionally, I can't load the ath device after the system has come up
single user - the driver fails to allocate descriptors/buffer entries.
I'll do some digging about it in a couple of weeks. I'd like some
pointers on how to dump the current state of memory so I can see
exactly what's going on.

For reference, 'sysctl vm.vmtotal' shows the total free RAM is around
1 to 1.5MB. I'm guessing some are allocated to buffers but I'd like to
see what else is actually holding onto memory..

Thanks,

Adrian