Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:54:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc <_big_eye_@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Probe hangs at plip0 with D-Link 530TX

After years of using MS-Windows (as a requirement of
work) I finally freed up a machine to get back to a
real operating system, so I downloaded FreeBSD 4.5.

The probe during install does not seem to like my
D-Link network adapter. Rather than post all the
details, I thought I'd keep the query short to start.

MB is a Asus TXP4, and I've tried removing everything
BUT the net adapter to no avail. If I remove the
adapter, I can get a clean install.

I've also tried moving the irq of the adapter around
(5,9,10) - same problem.

Any thoughts?

I searched extensively before posting, so I'm at wits
end.