Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:43:12 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth Bsag <roth@bsag.ch>
To:        Maribel March Hermo <d9907903@est.fib.upc.es>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intalling WindowsNT,FreeBsd 3.4,FreeBsd 4.1

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 10:36:45AM +0200, Maribel March Hermo wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> I need to install these three OS (FreeBsd 3.4, FreeBsd 4.1 and Windows
> NT) on my PC urgently for academic matters.
>
> I have installed Windows NT on the first partition and FreeBsd 4.1 on
> the second one, but I find problems when I try to install FreeBsd 3.4 on
> the last partition.
>
> The boot manager shows the error message "can't load kernel" or "read
> error" when I select the FreeBsd 3.4.

Hello,

this might have something to do with the 1024th cylinder issue.
You might try to create a small (100-200MB) second partition which
contains just the root mount point of Freebsd 3.4.
On the third partition you install the whole 4.1.
On the forth partition you install the rest (swap, /usr, ...) of 3.4.
(Maybe you can share the swap space of 3.4 and 4.1.)

-Hanspeter Roth