Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:40:23 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@misty.eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk13 fails on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:16:49PM +0200, jens wrote:
> begin  electrogrammati illius Greg Lewis
> > On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:54:27PM +0200, jens wrote:
> > > Hi guys.
> > > While compiling jdk13 on my 5.1 machine i got this:
> > >
> > > /usr/bin/gcc  -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -W -Wall  -Wno-unused
> > [snip]
> > > ../../../src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_TopLevel.c:4355: internal
> > > error: Segmentation fault
> > > Please submit a full bug report,
> > > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > > See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
> >
> > This is an internal compiler error.  That is to say, the bug lies in gcc.
> > Some sort of workaround will be needed to avoid triggering this bug.
> >
> Really!? I mean are you sure. I was hoping someone would jump in and
> tell me that they indeed got either jdk13 or jdk14 working on x86...
> ..maybe i should just try 4.8 instead?

Thats definitely what the error message says, so yes, I am sure.  Whether
its due to a bug in the compiler or a hardware problem on the machine in
question (e.g. bad memory) isn't quite so clear.  I'm getting 1.3.1 built
and 1.4.1 built on a 5.1 box today, so I should be able to find out more
with that.  Currently I'm having trouble fetching Open Motif though :(.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org