Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2012 19:36:00 +0800
From:      pete <petechou@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSD archive file formats

Hi folks,

I'm working on archive file format support in MCLinker project.

GNU variant archive format is supported in MCLinker now. And from FreeBSD
man pages, I can find there are some differences between BSD and GNU
variants. However, when I try to check BSD variant on freebsd9 (i386), I
can only find GNU variant archive files. And if using "ar" to make an
archive file on freebsd9, I still get a GNU variant one.

So, I would like to ask if BSD variant supported/existing in BSD system. Or
I missed something in configuring or others?

I'm new to BSD. Any information will be helpful!

Thanks,
Pete