Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:02:58 -0600
From:      "pstapley" <pstapley@rapidnet.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Port Forwarding

I am running nat on a BSD machine that is connected to a cable modem. I have
an application on a windows machine that is running behind the BSD on a
private network. the application uses ports 51200-51201 and 51210. Well this
application works great going out but can't receive anything from the server
out on the internet so I am thinking I have to forward the packets that the
BSD machine receives on these ports. So I added a couple flags to natd:
-redirect_port  udp machine2:51200-51201 51200-51201 -redirect_port udp
machine2:51210 51210

This is assuming machine2 is the windows machine. Now what I would like to
know is if I am doing the right thing to achieve what I want, or if I am way
off.

Thanks