Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:01:54 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <wigstah@akitanet.co.uk>
To:        "Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED" <mencl@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>, mike.sellenschuetter@bankofamerica.com
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX locale format string vulnerability (fwd)

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000, Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED wrote:
=20
> What I was concerned about is, when only some very limited commands are
> accessible via sudo, that these commands might be used to exploit the
> locale vulnerability.

Although a valid point, I'm amazed that on 99.95% of machines with sudo
installed I can walk upto it and type:

sudo su -

And get root shell straight away.sudo /bin/sh is always a good one as wel=
l. I
think the education needs to start at the basic level first,because I've =
yet to
see anybody setup sudo correctly the first time around.
  =20
--=20
Paul Robinson