Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:10:19 -0700
From:      Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   X for login prompt?

can anyone help me get X set up as my login prompt?  i know, cli is better, but
on my thinkpad, 640x480 is about 3x4.5 inches in the center of my screen, and
highly annoying.

i'm trying to use KDM, but it seems to be confused - it keeps trying to runn
things inside a path that looks something like

XBINDIR/something.

it looks like XBINDIR should maybe be $XBINDIR and set to /usr/X11R6/bin ? where
is this done? is this all because i'm just typing "kdm" as root instead of
putting it in rc.conf?

thanks,