Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:25:03 +0300
From:      "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        Rudi <rudihl@gmx.de>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11.0 RC1 kernel panic

On 08/22/16 22:17, Rudi wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> similar to what Jukka reported earlier in August. I have
> an issue booting 11.0 RC1 on an ibook Dual USB (G3).

I don't think your problem is related to what happens on
my PowerMac G5. In your case the boot has successfully got
through the device discovery and autoconfiguration. In my
case the autoconfig never completes because the kernel
panics very early. When the panics started after BETA-3
they initially happened after the atapci devices were
detected but before the kernel got through timecounter
initialization. Later patches to the BETA and RC snapshots
have only caused the panic occur even earlier. Now the
panic is triggered immediately after the VT(ofwfb) has
been reported. See the attached photo.
The last version that still boots perfectly on my G5 is
11.0-BETA-2.

--jau