Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:34:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jacob Suter <jsuter@linus.intrastar.net>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gigabyte motherboards

I've had great experience with the Gigabyte SiS Socket 7 (I refuse to call
it a 'pentium' board) motherboard....  I've used a k5/166, 6x86/P150+, and
mostly an Intel Pentium 100 (because well, all the GOOD chips get put to
'more important' uses... bleh!)...  I've never had any incompatability
with any FreeBSD (2.1.7, several 2.2-gamma's, and 2.2.1r) releases that I
have ran on it... Its also a spectacular Win95 (bleh!) board.  I have
heard some horror stories about the 'mboard' SiS chipset socket 7 board,
but from what I hear mboard doesn't have the best reputation all the way
around.

JS