Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 02:10:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

*** chop chop ***

>We could be wrong.  Question to everybody who's seen Brett's messages:
>should he continue, or should he stop?  If the consensus is that he
>should continue, I'll shut up (that places no similar requirement on
>Jordan, of course :-)

Without getting as longwinded as I desire to I will simply register my
support for Jordan and Greg.

There is not just _one_ true market for the _one_ true way. FreeBSD will
continue to advance if it continues to stay _it's own_ course. In keeping
with the "Unix Way"(tm) it does what it does very well. I think the core
has provided excellent direction.

FreeBSD is top notch and will continue to be top notch. The project has
advanced despite taller odds than it currently faces. FreeBSD is setting
trends in industry that are not measured strictly by head count.

I have never enjoyed a product more that I have enjoyed FreeBSD.

Now let me cut to the chase. Mr. Glass incessant invective does more than
bore me. It pisses me off.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/