Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [sound] linker_file_sysinit "snd_pcm.ko" failed to register! 17

Hello,

In looking for references for the error:

linker_file_sysinit "snd_pcm.ko" failed to register! 17

I don't find much, I did a kldstat and that produced:

 1    5 0xc0100000 420668   kernel
 2    1 0xc135b000 7000     linprocfs.ko
 3    1 0xc13d1000 3000     daemon_saver.ko
 4    1 0xc13d6000 14000    linux.ko
 6    1 0xc1509000 14000    snd_pcm.ko

So thank gawd the module is there, just wondering if I'm missing
anything. I was reading that in some cases you would add
something like this to /boot/loader.conf

maestro3_load="YES"

I wonder if there is any options for the cs4281 sound chip?

--
Bill Schoolcraft