Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:51:33 +0200
From:      "Rudi Kramer - MWEB" <rkramer@mweb.com>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Cluster Filesystem

> Norberto Meijome
>=20
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:10:52 +0200
> "Rudi Kramer - MWEB" <rkramer@mweb.com> wrote:
>=20
> > We have setup hadoop on FreeBSD, bit of mission cause of java and
I'm
> > not sure about performance but it can be done :)
> >
> >  http://hadoop.apache.org/core/
>=20
> Hi Rudi,
>  what versions of fbsd , java, hadoop and DB have u used? what were
the issues?
> how many nodes?

We are running Fbsd 6.3, jdk-1.6.0.3p3_2, diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_9,
hadoop-0.15.3. We are only running 2 nodes, more for playing around with
at the moment. We'll have to wait till end of year when we have a bit of
R&D time to abuse it properly.

I was speaking to a friend of mine and he also recommended looking at
GlusterFS, http://www.gluster.org. =20