Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:59:14 +0100
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        "Lundberg, Johannes" <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel graphics driver broken on 10-RC5

On 01/09/14 12:30, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> Oh I see. Thanks a lot guys. I thought 10 was using new xorg with kms by
> default even in the pre-compiled packages. I will reinstall RC5 and
> compile from ports myself.  I know about console issue. I think it is
> not so important for me now anyway (as long as it doesn't freeze/crash
> on shutdown)

Not yet.  We enabled it for CURRENT, since there's a new console driver
there that can handle KMS and therefore VT switching, but that hasn't
made it back into 10 yet.  New xorg might be enabled for 10 anyway
before the release, but that hasn't been decided yet.
As far as I know there are no freezes or crashes on shutdown, if you
exit X you usually get a black screen and can turn off the machine using
ACPI shutdown (pressing the power button), or you can use a termnail
emulator, su to root and shutdown from there.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising