Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 1996 21:06:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   namei caching.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the vfs_cache.c and saw this:

 * For simplicity (and economy of storage), names longer than
 * a maximum length of NCHNAMLEN are not cached; they occur
 * infrequently in any case, and are almost never of interest.

there is one case where these are possibly common: AUFS

does anyone use freebsd to serve mac users via AUFS, if so, what
is the average file name length ?

(Oh, I assume NCHNAMLEN is a name segment length - the bit between /'s)

darren