Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:37:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Butch Evans <butch@sheltonbbs.com>
To:        Victor Meirans <vic@risc.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-isp <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: netware rconsole on freebsd?

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Victor Meirans wrote:

> Is there any way to manage Novell Netware servers from FreeBSD box if
> telnet is disabled on Netware for security reasons?
>
> I mean is there some tool for FreeBSD like "rconsole" for DOS?
>
> I tried to search the web for info, but could only find it for xconsole,
> which requires "NetWare/IP" package installed on netware server.
>
> If none is available, is it possible to run rconsole DOS binary on
> FreeBSD with some DOS or Windows emulator? Enyone tried?

I will look around in my bookmarks.  I saw one a while back that was
a web-based solution to this.  As I recall, it looked quite good.  It
was just very expensive for us, as their license was based on the
number of target servers (I manage about 25).  I don't think it was
terribly high, just not for us. I will forward the URL if I can find
it.

 --
Butch Evans
Shelton Internet